1、学术背景(Your Academic Background)
1) 请聊一聊你上的课程。你中学最喜欢的科目是什么，为什么喜欢这些科目?或者哪些课程你觉得最难且最具挑战性? (Tell me something about your classes / course work .What is your favorite subject in high school? Why? What courses have you found the most challenging?)
2) 你喜欢你的中学吗?你会怎么描述你的学校?如果给你一个机会改变学校的某一方面，你想改变什么? (Do you like your high school? How would you describe your school? If you could change one thing about your school, what would it be?)
3) 你最喜欢哪一位老师，为什么?(Who is your favorite teacher? Why?)
4) 你取得的最大学术成就或经历过的最大失败是什么?(What is your greatest academic achievement or failure?)
2、个人生活 (Your Personal Life)
1) 聊一聊你自己。你的家庭背景以及你的成长环境是怎样的?(Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your family. Where did you grow up?)
2) 你最喜欢哪本书，最喜欢哪位作者，最欣赏哪一步电影或电视剧?为什么?(What is your favorite book, author, movie or TV show? Why? )
3) 你定期阅读什么杂志或报纸吗?(What magazines or newspapers do you read regularly?)
4) 哪一个人对你的生活影响最大?(What person has most influenced you?)
3、关于课外活动 (Your Extracurricular Activities)
1) 你曾在哪项课外活动中贡献最大呢?(What has been your greatest contribution to an extracurricular activity?)
2) 你有什么爱好和特别感兴趣的事情?(Do you have any hobbies or special interests?)
3) 你如何描述自己的家乡?(How would you describe your hometown?)
4、关于高中的问题 (Questions About High Schools)
1) 你挑选学校时，最看重哪些标准?(What are your most important criteria when looking at high schools? )
2) 我们学校哪一点最吸引你?你为什么就想到这所学校来读书? (What interests you most about our school? Why do you want to attend this particular high school?)
3) 课余时间你都喜欢做什么?(What do you like to do in your free/spare time?)
4)我们学校的课程，你最喜欢哪些?有哪些特别的课程和活动非常吸引你?(What did you like most about our school’s subjects/courses? What specific classes or activities appealed to you?)
5)你在大学里想学的专业是什么?(What do you think you will study/major in college?)
6) 你的事业目标是什么?五年或者十年后你觉得你在做什么?(What are your future career goals? Where do you see yourself in five/ten years?)
7) 你还考虑哪些其他学校?(What other schools are you considering?)
8) 为什么我们该录取你? (Why should we accept you?)
9) 你有什么问题想问的吗? Do you have any questions for me/us?
Questions to practice
Why do you want to study in the USA?
Is there anything that concerns you about studying in the US/at our school?
Tell me about your parents, your life and school
How long have you studied English?
Have you read any English novels recently?
Will you apply for financial aid for your study? How much will you want? How long can your family support you to study in the US?
Who will take care of you while you are in the US?
Who will be your guardian while you are in the US?
Do you have any relatives or family friends in the US?
What do you do in your spare time? What interests do you have outside of class?
What sports do you play?
What is your favorite class? What is your least favorite subject? Why?
How did you spend last summer?
How do you spend your weekends?
Tell me about a challenge that you overcame. Tell me about a major obstacle that you have faced in your life.
What events have been crucial in your life?
What has been your proudest achievement so far?
What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
What makes you choose our school? Why do you want to choose our school?
How did you find out/hear about our school?
What makes you interested in our school? What programs most interest you at our school?
What makes you unique/special/stand out? What will you bring to the school community?
What positive contributions have you made to your current school?
Does your high school record accurately reflect your effort and ability?
What do you want to do when you grow up? What do you want to study in college?
Who is your hero? Why?
How would your teachers describe you?
How would you describe yourself to someone who did not know you?
If you could go any place in the world, where would it be and why?
If you had to go to a deserted island, what three items would you bring?
Where do you envision yourself in 10 years? What do you expect to be doing ten years from now?
If you could have dinner with anyone living or dead, who would it be and why?
What three adjectives would your friends/parents/teachers use to describe you?
What three adjectives would you use to describe your friends?
What is the most important thing you've learned?
How do you define "success?"
Recommend a good book to me.
If you could talk with anyone living (or deceased) person, whom would it be and why?
If you could do one thing in high school differently, what would it be?